Barbara, Jeremy and their little guy, Jason, tied the knot in June of this year. (We met up in the spring for engagement and family photos at the Royal Alberta Museum grounds.) Their wedding was attended by a lot of family and friends…which is just the way I like it. :)
We started day started off with Barbara, at her mom’s house. Her sister and parents helped her dress while Jason and his pal played video games. ;) Rain was ominous but everyone was in good spirits and ready to support the happy family getting married.
We headed from Barbara’s mom’s house to Henrietta Muir park near downtown Edmonton where we met Jeremy to photograph their first look. I loved how Barbara began fixing Jeremy’s hair as he was looking her up and down with love in his eyes!
The wedding party was photographed despite the rain (lucky on your wedding day, you know!) and I love how the pictures turned out. We then headed to Our Wedding Chapel in north Edmonton for the wedding ceremony, which was full of faith and tradition.
Their wedding reception was held at 1 Thirty One Restaurant at the Century Hotel and Casino which was a perfect venue for their small intimate wedding. Barbara is Polish so as per tradition, the parents met the couple at the door of the reception and offered bread, salt and wine. I love this tradition — each item represents a different blessing from the parents.
- The Bread: parents are hoping that their children will never go hungry.
- The Salt: the parents are reminding the bride and groom that although their lives may be hard sometimes, they will need to learn to deal with these hard times.
- The Wine: parents hope that the couple will never by thirsty and that their lives will be long, healthy, full of good cheer and good friends.
IS THAT NOT AWESOME?! Barbara’s father began saying a blessing in Polish and Barbara’s reaction was so heartwarming, I started crying too… (like I do at most of my weddings, y’all, I love love and I have the best couples, ever!)
It was such a wonderful day — thanks to Cassie for helping and second shooting again!
- Ceremony: Our Wedding Chapel
- Reception: Century Casino
- Dress boutique: David’s Bridal
- Men’s rentals: Derk’s & Moore’s
- Caterer: Century Casino
- Hair: Carrie’l Salon & Spa
- Cake: Safeway Bakery